Feel great difficulty to sleep during the night? Does night seem bad dream to you? Do you wake up with headache? If yes, you may have insomnia- the kind of sleep disorders, which disrupts normal sleep pattern, making a person less productive in the bed. The person with insomnia may either sleep for a few hours or more than 9 hours.
The million dollar question is- why the problems come to a person? Knowingly or unknowingly, we go through different psychological and physiological states that affect the natural amount of sleep. Not only the amount but the quality is also affected while suffering from the condition. If we talk about the young generation that suffer from insomnia then the cause must be the psychological health. Certain emotions like stress, depression, strain, pressure, anxiety disorder and resentment can impact the sleep efficiency.
Since ancient, Ayurveda has been helping people rejuvenating and managing their lives with its simple methods. The contribution of Ayurveda for insomnia and other kinds of sleep problems is certainly commendable. Here, I’m going to discuss about some simple yet effective tips for regaining the quality of sleep.
• Human body is like a machine, which needs force and power for the execution. Yoga works like a fuel and power, which make the human body more flexible and functional. If you practice it daily, it would help you to function well through the day, stay healthy and handle the day-to-day tasks very efficiently
• The meal should be balanced in oil and rich in essential nutrients. They should not contain larger amount of salt, sugar and spices as they may also cause delay while sleeping faster at the night. A warm and moist meal is said to be vatta-pacifying and help sleeping better
• Herbal green tea may help the person who has been experiencing many wakeful nights. Green tea has proven to have tranquilized effects on the functions of central nervous system and cause sleep-inducing environment
• Chamomile tea is an ideal Ayurvedic cure for treatment of insomnia and related symptoms. It has been a traditional treatment for a long time
• Valerian roots specialize in the treatment of stress, depression and other kind of psychological factors. These roots are now easily available at the stores and can be purchased in form of tea or drops.
• Some meditative practices right before a few hours of sleeping can enhance the quality and the time of nightly rest
These are a few tips suggested by Ayurveda. These methods may avail great night sleep, if a person becomes regular and follow them. Besides the natural care, sleeping pills like Ambien tablets, diazepam tablets, Zopiclone tablets are available to reduce the effects of insomnia. If the condition hold the cause due to certain stressors or depression, and anxiety, treatments Temazepam tablets, Xanax tablets and other anti-depressant are easily available in the market. All these medicines are taken under proper medical care of an experienced physician.