- Organize your notes. Rewrite or type them up so they're legible. Organize your handouts according to dates. Make note of anything you're missing. (Where's the vocab quiz from chapter 2?)
- Go through your review sheet, finding the answers for every question on there from your notes, handouts, textbook, etc.
- Make flashcards with a question/term/vocab word on the front of the card, and the answer on the back. When you're finished, put your flashcards in your backpack so you can study throughout the day tomorrow.
- Stay focused!
Study for a Test Day 3: Memorize
- Throughout the day, pull your flashcards out and ask yourself questions (when you're waiting for class to start, at lunch, during study hall, etc.)
- Clarify anything you didn't totally understand with your teacher. Ask for missing items (that vocab quiz from chapter 2).
- Ask if there will be a review before the test later this week.
- Set a timer for 45 minutes, and memorize everything on the review sheet that you don't already know using mnemonic devices like acronyms or singing a song. Stop after 45 minutes and move on to other homework. You have two more days to study for this bad boy!
- Put your flashcards in your backpack for more review tomorrow.
Study for a Test Day 4: Memorize Some More
- Again, pull your flashcards out and ask yourself questions throughout the day.
- Confirm study date for tomorrow night.
- Set a timer for 45 minutes again. Go back through your flashcards and review sheet, memorizing anything you don't have down pat. Take a 5-minute break. If necessary, set a timer for 45 minutes again and continue if you're still unsure of any material!
- Put your flashcards in your backpack for review again tomorrow.
Study for a Test Day 5: Study and Quiz
- Throughout the day, pull your flashcards out and ask yourself questions again.
- If your teacher is having an exam review today, pay close attention and write down anything you haven't learned yet. If the teacher mentions it today – it's on the test, guaranteed!
- Confirm study date with a friend for this evening.
- Ten-twenty minutes before your study partner (or mom) shows up to quiz you for the exam, review your flashcards. Make sure you have everything down pat.
- Quiz. When your study partner arrives, take turns asking possible exam questions to each other. Make sure each of you has a turn asking and answering because you'll learn the material best by doing both. Stop once you've been through the questions a few times and get a good night's sleep.