Do you need to know How to Transfer WordPress Site to new server ? So you should know what complete process which is called as WordPress Migration in IT field.
When we are moving WordPress site to a new host or to a different location on server, we do not require to reinstall. WordPress has flexibility to solve all of these situations.
Step to move WordPress Site to new host :
Step 1: Select Your New WordPress Host :
- For the reliable shared hosting server, we recommend you to move with the Bluehost. They are officially recommended by the WordPress.org.
- If you are looking for the cloud hosting or location-identifier providers, then we recommend you to check out Site domain WordPress Support. They have data centers and free support across three (3) different continents of the world.
- If you are looking for the dedicated server, then we recommend you to check out the InMotion Hosting server. They commercial provide class servers and their support is amazing.
Step 2: Setting Up Duplicator for Easy Migration
- Firstly install and activate the free Duplicator plugin on the similar website that you want to move and you must know How to Install a Plugin in WordPress
- Duplicator is a free plugin that we always recommend to all.
- After you have install and activated the Duplicator plugin in your site panel, then go to the Duplicator » Packages section in your WordPress admin area. Which we arrive in this blog step.
- Now, you need to press or click the Create New button in the top right corner.
Step 3: Import Your WordPress Site to New Host
Now you have downloaded both the archive and installer files in your site panel, the next step through this blog is to upload them to your new web host and servers. While setting your FTP client to connect your new web host, just keep in mind that your domain name points to your old web host.
Just make sure that your root directory is totally empty. If you have WordPress installed in your root directory, then you require to delete WordPress first.
Step 4: Change The Hosts File for Preventing the Downtime
After uploading both files to your new host, access the installer.php file in a browser.
The file can be accessed using a URL like given below:
But the main problem is this URL will take you to your old web host, and you will get a 404 error as your domain name is indicating to your old web host. For this you must know how to fix 404 error in WordPress.
You can also talk to our wordpress customer service, dial + 1 844 897 0441(Toll-Free). We will help you instantly regarding any issue in wordpress.