We as a whole know the indications of a flu settling in, going to wreck us — anyway incidentally — from our everyday lives. If your first idea when flu symptoms emerge is to go after an over-the-counter equation, think about this: In the United States, we burn through billions consistently attempting to thump out these diseases, however the greater part of that cash goes to medications that only suppress symptoms and do little to spur healing.
With the following preventive measures and simple, natural cold and flu remedies, you can save money, take control of your health, and trim your time spent feeling under the weather this cold and flu season.
With the accompanying preventive flu measures and straightforward, common cold and flu cures, you can save money, take control of your wellbeing, and trim your time spent feeling sickly this cold and flu season.
To prevent yourself from causing Flu Below are are the preventions that will keep you away from flu.
- Get vaccinated:
The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention aka CDC in the US monitor the statistics and global health trends for the development of flu vaccine. To make it helpful they offer the same at the hospitals, doctor's office, drug stores and health clinic. This makes the body protected around 60% against the flu.
So as to feel protected one should never go for the overdose as it can harm your health or even can kill you.
The flu vaccines can give you a mild headache, low-grade fever and sometimes soreness. The vaccine will never cause the flu. This is the way your body reacts to the viral strain, so as to defend your body from the flu.
- Talk to your doctor if you have some medical issues:
Everyone above the age of 6 months should get vaccinated expect for those having contraindications. If you have some pre existing conditions or certain medical issues it is always advisable to talk to your doctor before getting the flu shots.
Conditions in which you should talk to your doctor before going for the flu vaccine:
- Medical history showing allergies to the flu vaccine.
• Severe allergy to the gelatin or chicken eggs.
• Guillain-Barré Syndrome in the medical history.
• Moderate fever or illness at the time of vaccine. Here you have to get examined and once fever comes down you can go ahead with the vaccine.
• If you are going for the nasal spray vaccine and you are a patient of asthma you should talk to your doctor.
• Chronic conditions like heart disease, liver disease and kidney or liver disorders.
- Choosing between the nasal vaccine and flu shots: flu shots are available in the form of nasal spray and vaccine and you can get the one depending upon your age and medical conditions.
• Flu shots are available for children above 6 months, patients having chronic conditions and pregnant women.
• Intradermal flu shots are best for the people below 18 years and above 64 years.
• Whereas the nasal spray is advisable for the people between the age of 2 years to 49 years. Which means children less than 2 years of age and elders above 50 years cannot go for the nasal spray.
• Women during the pregnancy period and those having weak immune system should avoid the nasal spray.
• If you have taken the antiviral drugs of the flu within the gone 48 hours you should never opt for the nasal spray.
- Take influenza seriously: flu is a highly contagious disease causing serious medical complications. It is very much important to go for the medical treatment when get caught by the flu. Thanks to the vaccine available the death rate are going down consistently.
High fever one of the flu symptoms can itself be very much dangerous for the body as your body cannot handle the temperature above 106F.
- Practice good hygiene: you should always wash your hands at regular intervals of time and especially coming from the public outings.
• Carry antibacterial wipes when found in a situation of no sink and soap.
• Prefer alcohol based soap for hand wash.
• Don't forget to cover your mouth and nose while in a cough and when you sneeze.
• Avoid touching your nose, eyes and mouth.
Maintain your general health:
First and the foremost thing comes under general health is maintaining healthy eating habits. Your diet should contain needed amount of vitamins and nutrients.
• Regular exercise is the next thing you have to do while maintaining your health, this will keep your body safe from flu.
• It is found that a good quantity of vitamin D can prevent you from influenza. Taking a diet having vitamin D can protect your body against flu.
• Studies have proved that a good and timely eating and sleeping habits can also help you to develop a good health and immune system.
If you suffered from Flu you can cure flu fast with and without medication; Your doctor may prescribe antiviral medications to help alleviate flu. For home remedies and other details you can read here how to treat the flu.