You should know that NiCad batteries can be reconditioned as well. However, first you should know why they get damaged. This happens, due to the sulfur crystals that eventually reach both terminals and it prevents charging. This can be solved, so your batteries will last for a long time. In addition, the procedure is more than just simple.
- You are going to need the flash camera capacitor. There are a lot of cheap cameras of this type that you can disassemble and use their parts. You will know what a capacitor is, due to the fact it is a big cylinder part.
- Add a battery holder and a switch to the capacitor. Stick the wires to the big black cylinder and connect them with the battery holder and a switch.
- Make sure all wires are insulated and they don’t touch anything that can conduct electricity.
- Place an alkaline battery into the capacitor and the NiCad battery into the holder you added before.
- Then, press the switch and wait the LED to glow. Then repeat the step. Keep in mind that you should hear a sound, that’s meansthat the sulfur crystals are destroyed and your battery can be used again.
Once you make this ‘’gadget’’ you can use it for reconditioning NiCad batteries for ever. It may sound complicated, but it is very simple, and you cannot make a mistake. In addition, it is possible to buy a capacitor for this application, but it is too much expensive and it won’t do the job better than this device.