Cox provides high-speed internet plans with fast and reliable connectivity. Cox also possesses fast in-home Wi-Fi and gives access to over 400,000 hotspots for any traveling subscribers with Cox High-Speed Internet Providers Preferred or higher plans.
Self-installation has its own pros, but at the same time, it gets really complicated as well. If you are really keen on doing your installation on your own decided time then you can easily install the Cox internet of small bundles, it saves your money as well. But you need to keep in mind that, a large or super Cox internet DirecTV Bundle or package gives professional installation free within the price.
Whatever the package you have chosen the following 5 steps will help you initially for every plan.
The Initial 5 Steps To Every Plan To Follow:
- check the equipment
Check the box’s contents before beginning the installation process. You should see a coaxial cable, modem or Cox Gateway, a power adapter, an Ethernet cord, a cable filter, and a leaflet carrying instructions.
- You should select a central location to travel the signals without any interruption throughout the house or spot.
- Power down the device to avoid setting up abnormalities, unexpected power surges before you activate your account for just anticipation.
- Connect it to the cable port on the modem.
- First plug in the power adaptor and then the modem.
Follow The Steps For Your Chosen Equipment
For Cable Modem or Cox Gateway modem you are required to follow different steps to installation.
Cable Modem Self Installation
- In the beginning, you have to wait for the modem to turn its internet light to a solid color, this may take time till 10 minutes to reboot the modem reboot to continue the normal setup process. Rebooting occurs several times.
- When the light turns solid, then add an Ethernet wire to connect it with a computer of the system
- Turn the computer on to continue the further process to activate the Cox internet service.
Gateway Self Installation
- With gateway installation process you have to wait for both lights to turn solid because it provides wired and wireless connections, the time required is ten minutes and let the devices reboot and as the Cable TV Internet modem Gateways also reboots several times.
- When the light turns solid connect the wireless modem to any system or laptop or even tablets or Smartphones.
The label over the modem carries the information of your Wi-Fi Network name and key. Mostly you find it with Wi-Fi quick reference. Enter you Wi-Fi information.