Rats are among the most annoying visitors on our home that we frequently wish to eliminate by placing baits or poisons in the region where they usually harbors. Incidentally these rat toxins could also pose great threat to our beloved cuddly best friends. Our pets can occasionally get poisoned with these rodenticides either by directly eating the read more bait or by ingesting the corpse of a poisoned rat or rodents.
Rodenticides contain warfarin and other toxic compounds that when ingested could result in internal bleeding and hemorrhage. Even though they're mainly designed to kill rodents, the same chemical is fatal to other animals especially to house pets. But poisoned bait does not kills rat abruptly, it usually take couple of hours or days for the poison to input their own system, sadly in this time poisoned rats may visit different place in the home until they die, this can be when our puppies or other home pets could potentially eat their corpse.
The sad part is that dogs that were poisoned by rat killers do not show immediate signs, similar to rats, it is going to take hours or days before showing obvious signs like external bleeding and blood loss, which makes the medication too late to save our pets.
There are ways however to learn whether your dog or pet is in danger of poisoning, click here you might not be able to cure them straight but knowing these symptoms can assist you in determining whether your pet requires immediate professional attention before it's too late.